Why I hate WordPress but used it anyway for this blog
5 January 2019
- It gets me writing,
- And not wrangling with code.
- I get online editing, drafts, Ulysses integration out of the box.
- I can make edits and publish from my phone.
- My readers get RSS out of the box.
- The default 2019 theme looks decent.
- It brings categories, pagination, some decent plugins (and some hacky ones).
- It renders on the server instead of the client, bringing better SEO.
- It doesn’t use service workers which I think applied naively is premature optimisation and a worse user experience.