# Collected Principles
The recommendation practices and tools from Collected should follow the following principles:
- Collected should be usable by many members of the team, and ideally any.
- Collected lets people understand what other teams do.
- Collected works for a reasonably diverse set of use cases, and works especially well for some.
- Collected is fast to use, everywhere around the world.
- Collected is robust and secure.
- Getting Collected running is a quick process.
- Collected lets people own their own data.
- Collected can be improved and extended, with progressively disclosed complexity.
- Collected is open source.
# Aimed Benefits
- Collected improves collaboration
- People are more empathetic to others in different roles
- Collected reduces needless communication
- Helpful documentation is written more often
- Collected makes teams more attractive to work with (e.g. recruitment)
- Collected breaks down the walls of skills-oriented silos